Top Tips For YouTube Music Marketing
by Clyde Smith
(Updated) Though making real money with music on YouTube still requires millions of views, ideally from aggregating a catalog of music, the marketing benefits can be substantial as we’re all well aware. Here are 8 tips for maximizing your music marketing on YouTube taken from a dash of David Choi, a dose of the Social Media Examiner and a dollop of YouTube’s Creator Playbook.
Top Tips for YouTube Music Marketing:
- Post Compelling Videos on a Regular Basis
Give folks something worth looking at and a reason to return.
- Optimize Titles and Descriptions for Findability
Important for searchers on both YouTube and search engines.
- Create Custom Thumbnails for Your Videos
This is your first look but try to entice without misleading.
- Use All Analytics/Metrics, Not Just Views
It doesn’t matter how many views you have if they’re only a few seconds long.
- Interact With & Include Your Fans
Engage your fans in the comments and create ways to include them in your videos.
- Collaborate With Other Artists
Working with others can extend your fanbase while leading to new ideas.
- Create Playlists for Different Sets of Videos
Some folks will want to see behind-the-scenes, others just want finished product.
- Customize and Optimize Your YouTube Channel
It’s not just about individual songs or videos but about creating a following for your channel.
These tips were taken from the following sources, all of which have more to say as well as additional tips: